Madison REIA Case Study: How I Flipped My First House!
I will be talking about how I flipped my first house this year after evaluating and restructuring my business in real estate investing since my start in 2016; the challenges I faced - particularly lack of time, lack of negotiating skills, difficulty with contractors and material shortages along with a rural market. Plus I'm an introvert.
How I got this deal?
- Full time plus job
- Getting contractors and contracts
- Material shortages
- Learning curves
- What helped me get the deal closed and flip completed/sold
- Current deals and next steps
Doors always open at 5:30pm (networking) and meeting starts at 6pm and ends at 8:00pm.
Speaker: Jaci Gilbertson
Round Table Case Study speaker, Jaci Gilbertson found success in rural South Central/Western Wisconsin this year with her first deal after working with coaches, Chris Hake and Tim Dougherty in the Madison REIA Mastermind Coaching Program. Jaci will discuss how she was able to find success even with challenges of contractors; delay in materials; working a full time job; and how she is working on her journey toward greater success in her real estate career and life.
She has been doing real estate since 2016 purchasing 7 properties since, three of which have been within the last six months; and has attended multiple bootcamps, seminars and webinars. Jaci is a lifelong learner from both the school of “life” and traditional avenues of learning with owning/operating a bowling alley/bar/restaurant with her husband, Jason, for 18 years as well as raising two sons while also completing her bachelor's degree. She is also an Inner Circle Member of Fortune Builders as well as a Member of Lifeonaire.
The Schedule (4th Monday):
- 5:30 pm - Check in at the reception desk, visit with your friends and colleagues, get settled in to start
- 6:00 pm - Welcome from Chris Hake, brief announcements, and introductions of Vendors and all attendees
- 6:30 pm - Case Study (TBD) OR Panel of experts OR Group discussion on specific REI topic
- 7:15 pm - Break out into un-constructed networking, first-time guests meet with President and Founder, Chris Hake
- 7:30 pm - Open forum for ANY and ALL real estate questions
- 8:00 pm - Meeting adjourned, closing comments by Chris Hake
- Meeting after the meeting: TBD LOCATION
Host: Tim Dougherty
I'm a real estate investor, serving South-Central Wisconsin. I work with every day people to buy distressed properties in order to repair, restore and re-sell.
My name is Tim "Doc" Dougherty (pronounced 'Doc-err-dee'). I'm a real estate investor and serial entrepreneur, serving South Central Wisconsin. I specialize in taking what others' see as trash and restoring it to its former glory. I started my business back in 2008 as "Your Real Estate Solutions" and recently re-branded to "Doc the House Buyer".
Additional Meeting Information:
2809 Fish Hatchery Road
Fitchburg, WI 53713
Members are always FREE! First-time guests are always FREE! After that, non-members are $20!
Madison's Round Table Case Study Meetings are always on the 4th Monday of the month from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm!
Monday, October 25th from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Hosted by: Tim Dougherty