Our mission is to provide education and networking as a local community-based organization with an emphasis on promoting ethical business practices and to provide an environment conducive to the success of all members.
Code Of Ethics And Standards Of Practice Of WiscoREIA Members:
The ownership and management of real estate is a highly regulated segment of the free enterprise system of the United States of America. As such, the member(s) of the WiscoREIA must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism.
WiscoREIA membership includes each member in an organization of people who are intent on expanding their knowledge of real estate investing and management. In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all "WiscoREIA members" will be held to a higher standard of ethical behavior. This includes, but is not limited to the following enumerated list of behaviors:
- WiscoREIA member(s) will act professionally as Real Estate Investing and Housing Providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
- WiscoREIA member(s) will not intentionally misrepresent any material fact in their business dealings, including their business dealings with other members.
- WiscoREIA member(s) will fully disclose their interest in any property and the nature of their interest when dealing with, or engaging in transactions with, other WiscoREIA members.
- WiscoREIA member(s) should keep themselves informed on matters affecting housing in their community, including local, state and federal laws. A violation of local, state or federal law, as determined by the ethics committee, shall be a violation of these rules.
WiscoREIA member(s) shall not engage in unprofessional conduct, including, but not limited to:
A departure from or failure to conform to applicable federal, state or local governmental rules or, if no such rules exist, to the minimal standards of acceptable and prevailing in practice.
Conduct likely to deceive, defraud or harm others;
Demonstrating a willful or careless disregard for rights of others;
Any practice that is contrary to the ethical conduct appropriate to the profession;
Knowingly aiding, assisting, advising or facilitating another in engaging in conduct which, if conducted by the WiscoREIA member(s) directly, would constitute a violation of these rules;
Engaging in false, fradulent, deceptive or misleading communication to any person regarding the individual's education, training, credentials, experience or qualifications, or the status of the individual's state permit, license or registration certificate;
Making a false statement or knowingly providing false information to, or failing to cooperate with any investigation of, the Ethics Committee
- WiscoREIA member(s) will be responsible for their own due diligence in all business dealings.
- WiscoREIA member(s) will not falsely malign, disparage, slander or in any other way adversely affect the reputation of other WiscoREIA member(s). Nothing herein prevents the WiscoREIA member(s) from truthfully communicating issues or pursuing disputes with other member(s).
- A WiscoREIA member(s) who wants the Association to take action against another member(s) for what they perceive to be unethical behavior as defined in this document must present their case and evidence of the unethical behavior to the Ethics Committee. The Ethics Committee shall has a President. The President designated someone to be the chair. The Chair of the Ethics Committee shall review each alleged violation of the Rules of Ethics that is brought to the attention of the Ethics Committee. If in the sole discretion of the Chair there is insufficient information upon which to base a charge of a violation of the Rules of the Ethics, or the allegations against the member(s) are patently frivolous or inconsequential, or the allegations if true would not constitute a violation of the Rules of the Ethics, the Chair may summarily dismiss the matter. The Chair shall report each such summary dismissal to the Ethics Committee. The Ethics Committee is responsible for investigating each alleged breach of the Rules of the Ethics and determining whether a member(s) has failed to observe the Rules of Ethics in the Standards, and determining an appropriate sanction; and periodically assessing the Code of Ethics and recommending any ammendments. The Ethics Committee will investigate and review all allegations, conduct hearings or engage in any evidentiary preceedings it deems as necessary to fully dispose of the complaint. The Ethics Committee will submit their findings and make a decision within 30 days. The Ethics Committee may levy fines, suspend membership or expel member(s) who do not conform toe the requirements of these rules.
- WiscoREIA member(s) and non-member(s) alike will not be allowed to use the meetings, website or any other means to create a non-solicited list for any reason. A non-solicited list is described as follows; passing a lisr around for others to enter their contact information, using a bowl, box or other collection device for people to drop their business cards in, collecting contact information from the website or other methods where a member(s) or non-member(s) might think that the list is being created or cards are being collected for WiscoREIA.
Member(s) and non-member(s) alike are encouraged to network and collect contact information personally and individually. Not by means of some sort of mass collection method as described above.
If such a list is being created, WiscoREIA has the right to confiscate it and the individual(s) responsible for generating such a list will be reprimanded and possibly banned from any future meetings or events.